Saturday, February 16, 2008

Computer Problems

I have been busy for the last 3 days trying to fix some computer problems. I have had some minor problems the last six months or so, but nothing major. I was trying to put some of my cd's into itunes so I can then put them on my ipod. It should have been easy but it wasn't. I started checking into my mcAfee virus program. It expired in 2006!! I am not sure how that happened but I was under the impression, from the guy that came and worked on my computer and installed the mcAfee in the first place, that I would be protected forever. Not so. Anyway, I tried to go online and update my subscription. I paid for it and then I couldn't download it. Uhh. After 4 live chats with McAfee with no resolution, I looked into it myself. I could download it on my laptop, so maybe a virus was preventing the download. I researched on Microsoft's website. Guess what?? I had tons of virus' and fyi they have a free scanner to keep your computer running great. It cleans and frees up disk space and checks for virus. All kinds of things. The link is http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm?redir=true They suggest that you run it once a month. So I was able to get rid of my virus' via Microsoft and then download my virus protection to keep that from happening again. I was about ready to trash this thing and start over with a new one, but I am glad that I didn't because so far all my problems are resolved. I was having a little problem with not getting some emails. Hopefully that will be fixed. Anyway, I hope maybe that link will help someone out there.

No comments: