Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School

What a weird day. I wasn't sure how it was going to go. I didn't know what to expect, but it did turn out to be a good day. He was up early and we were ready way early. I could tell he was a little anxious though. We walked him to his class and he sat at his seat and started coloring. He had a smile on his face and said goodbye. Chris and I looked at each other, and we were starting to tear up, so we headed for the door. Leaving him there was so hard. I wanted to be a fly on the wall all day. We got to the car and Brooks was not too happy. He didn't say a word for about 30 minutes. He said he wasn't talking because Jax was gone. We about started crying again. After awhile he snapped out of it and had a great afternoon playing with his daddy. They watched hunting movies and played wii. We thought 3:45 would never get here. Finally we went and got in the never ending car rider line. He made it to the car and had a huge smile on his face. Mainly because he had missed us. He said he had a great day and he wanted to go back. What a relief. We tried to get some details out of him, but couldn't get much. We got, "I colored 3 pictures, ate lunch, played on the playground, and went to the bathroom 2 times." That is it. We had a wonderful evening. The boys were in great moods. I think their time apart is going to be good for them. I can't wait to see how tomorrow goes. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

No comments: