Monday, January 26, 2009

Migraine Monday

I haven't had a migraine in 11 1/2 months but today ended my streak. I was so hoping I was never going to get one again, but 1 a year is tollerable....I guess. So to begin the story, we have all had colds around here and I kept Jax home today because he coughed a lot last night. I had an appointment downtown Houston to get Jax's 4-wheeler fixed (at a vacuum shop????). I was going to cancel but I decided to just take them and get it over with. Jax really felt okay, I just didn't want to send him tired and coughing a lot. Chris had a meeting and I figured if I got it done we would all be back at the house at the same time. We loaded up and headed downtown. I get about half way and the flashing light starts. I want to cry. I can only see half of everything. I am in like 4 lanes of traffic and trying to exit. I stop in a parking lot and try to reverse my directions on my GPS so I can get home, but it is kind of hard when you can only see half of everything. All I am hearing from the back seat is how bad they wanted the 4 wheeler fixed. I had an Imitrex with me that Dr. Laws had given me like 3 years ago. For some reason I had never tried it, actually I found it cleaning out my medicine cabinet a couple of months ago and I put it in my purse. So I dug it out and took it. It didn't help at all. So with a lot of prayer I made it home. The boys played while I was on the couch with a blanket over my head. A migraine is so miserable, but luckily the worst part only last 3 or 4 hours. I don't know how people handle it any longer than that, but I guess you do what you have to do. It will be fine with me if I don't have another one for a year or 10 years.

No comments: