Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Airport bound

Well, just printed off my directions to the airport. The boys and I are going to pick up my parents tomorrow. We are all so excited. We can't wait to see them. It has been 5 months and that is the longest I think we have ever gone.

Let me tell you about our exciting day..... I got the boys ready, in the car, buckled in and my car wouldn't start. Chris flew to Vegas this morning. NICE!!! I knocked on my neighbors door and asked if they had a plug in charger. What do you know, they did. Charged awhile and off we went to Walmart. Gonna be an hour and a half. Okay, I'll wait - what choice do I have. Shopped forever. Picked up my car and the air conditioner is blowing hot, hot, hot air. Went home and called Walmart and they have never heard of that happening. I was sick. I checked all of the fuses and they were okay. I had no idea what to do or where to go. I let Brooks take a nap and called around a few places back home. They said it must have been just a coincidence that changing your battery shouldn't mess anything up with the air conditioner. Really, kind of weird that it worked before the new battery. Brooks woke up and I loaded them back up and went back to Walmart. When I pulled up the guy with the heavy Jamaican accent saw me and came right over. I asked him if he could disconnect the battery and then hook it back up. He said sure. I felt bad asking but thought I'd give it a try. He hooked it back up and it was still blowing hot air. I thanked him and told him I appreciated him trying. He said it was the least he could do. I pulled out of the bay and immediately the air got cold. I gave it a few minutes and it stayed cool. I circled around and pulled up to the bay and he came back out when he saw me. I told him it was working and I just wanted him to know. I thanked him again and he said no "thank God." He meant it. I thought that was so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, it is such a shame that we don't know what we've got until it is gone. It is hot here and going a couple of hours without air in the car wasn't fun. A week or two ago the air in our house went out. Yeah, brand new unit. Some little piece failed. Anyway, one night without air will make you appreciate electricity. When we moved in, I screwed up and didn't call the gas company soon enough and we went 3 days without hot water. Yep, everybody was taking cold showers. If you haven't done that lately, try it. Ha Ha. You won't shave your legs or anything else in there. Last but not least, Chris is in Vegas, miss him terribly when he is gone. Love you babe.

No comments: