Sunday, February 13, 2011

Why is it fun to play with fire???

We worked all weekend in the yard. When you have a bazillion trees, you have a bazillion leaves times 1000!!! It was fun though! The boys helped and we got it all done. We had about 13 fire piles like the one above. For some reason, tending to the fire and watching it burn away is relaxing to me. I don't know why, but I really enjoyed it. Now we are ready to kill the weeds, fertilize what little grass we have and build up a place for our garden! Whoo hoo! I can't wait!


It was really a good week, despite the fact that Jax was home sick three days and Camo had diarrhea in the middle of the night for three whole nights. Jax had whatever Chris and Brooks had a few days before and Camo was sick because he helped himself to the "Super Bowl Party Buffet" while we weren't looking! It was bad, bad, bad, but he has his CRAP together now! :)
My sweet boys got me an Ipad for my birthday. I really didn't know I wanted one, but Chris thought I needed one. It was a good call because it is awesome!!!
FINALLY, I found someone to do my hair!!!!!! I am so happy! After many bad colors, I am somewhat normal!!!
Last night we went out to dinner to celebrate my birthday and my friend Allison's birthday. We were introduced to Justin and Allison by the people we bought our house from. They knew we would hit it off and they set us up to meet during the handing over of keys and garage door openers. Justin and Allison actually lived in and built our house, and they remained friends with the Nelsons after they sold to them. Anyway, we hit it off and our kids hit it off. We see them a lot and it is so funny because Allison and I have the same birthday! Crazy!
Off to another good week, starting with Valentine's Day! And I love my Valentine!!!!!!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Hey, girl! I wanted to comment on your comment you left me. ;) Can't wait to see your weekend of work. I'm barely moving this morning, but, that's okay! And, re: the chickens - ours will have an enclosed run, so no chicken poop anywhere other than the designated areas. I'll keep you posted. If I pick up some cement today, they will get started on it this afternoon I hope.

And, you need to update on here. :))