Sunday, November 22, 2009

Packing up!

Well, today I packed up most of the things for our journey to Arkansas. I think I have most everything together. My brain is pretty much mush! My kids have put me through the ringer this weekend. Chris is gone hunting and the kids have been wild, to put it mildly. Constantly fighting! I don't know what the deal is lately but I am on my last nerve. Yesterday Jax got a bloody fat lip and Brooks got a swollen bloody nose!! I am not kidding! Today I didn't even ask "who" or "what" I just put them in time out, like 6 times, and one time for an hour. Brooks ended up falling asleep and then Jax went to play with Ivy. They are so good when I am all in the middle of everything playing with them but I can only do that for so long. Good thing Chris is coming home tomorrow and he is in a good mood. He killed 3 does and 2 good bucks.

On a positive note, Brooks tried an apple and liked it!! He was so proud of himself. He wants to like fruit he just insists that they taste bad. Give me a break! Grapes, yummy!! Anyway, maybe he will start eating apples for a snack! We can sure hope! Jax is such a great fruit eater and I never had to try to get him to eat it. He asks for it all of the time.

One more thing, the boys and I were playing Lego's and we were trying to figure out how to put one part together. Brooks figured it out and was all proud and said "see I am a smart elliott!" Funny, and he meant smart alack (sp) even though that was totally the wrong word too!!!

1 comment:

Stacy Carter said...

Oh, the joys of two boys so close in age. I deal with the same thing. When I put them in time out Peyton ALWAYS falls asleep too! I feel your pain, hurry and get to Arkansas so you can get a break! :)