Saturday, December 15, 2007

Where did the day go!!!

My Saturday is already over....I got the boys up and got everyone ready to do a little shopping. We hit a couple of stores before Jax's basketball game at 1:30. After his game we went to the grocery store (more on that later) then home to take showers and go to a birthday party at 5:00. We barely made it to the party on time. The boys had a blast. It was at the laser tag and arcade. Brooks didn't get to do the laser tag, but he had fun playing all of the other games. Of coarse, Jax wants to go back and take his daddy, who is in Northwest Arkansas filming another deer hunt for the fall hunting shows. Funny story...Brooks was on a motorcycle game just playing on it pretending to be actually playing when a kid came over and stood by him. The kid waited about 30 seconds and then came over to me and poked my leg and said "Do you own him?" I said "yes" and he asked if I would get him off so he could play. I laughed at that for awhile. Then at 7:30 when Brooks asked why he had to go to bed I said "because I am your mother and I own you." Kids say the funniest things.

Okay now about the grocery store. It is the greatest. I just got to tell you these people are smart. My kids only want to go to HEB because they give the kids these kid dollars at the checkout and they get to use them to buy prizes, and they have special carts that the kids get in and shut the door and play cartoons for $1.00. They have chefs demonstrating and sampling a different menu every day. I could go on and on but one of my new found favorite things (thanks to my husband) is scratch off lottery tickets. They are so much fun. I get a few tickets put the kids to bed and scratch away. So far I either break even or win a couple of dollars extra. Just a little pick me up at the end of a long day parenting 2 wild children all alone. Chris will be home tomorrow and I can't wait. He left Wednesday evening and so he has been gone long enough. Just doing his job. Ha Ha....he really is though.

No comments: