Sunday, October 25, 2009

Brooks stocked the freezer!

WHAT A WEEKEND!!!!!! It all started with a "spur of the moment" decision to go hunt and hang out in the country for the weekend!! Really, what else would you expect from us.....we don't plan trips for days or weeks! Actually, Chris' friend called us and invited the family to his ranch for the weekend. He owns one of the companies that Chris reps for and we have been to his house, to hang out, before. During that time, the boys just hit it off. They have a 7 year old named Ty and an almost 4 year old named Lane. Just as you can imagine, the big boys have a lot in common and are a lot alike. And......the two little ones are A LOT alike too!! Pure entertainment. They are a great family and we thoroughly enjoy all of their company! Billy is a great guy and his wife Amy is PRECIOUS. I wish I had a picture of her too, she is just beautiful! I get so mad at myself for not getting in some of the pictures. I didn't get a picture of Amy and the only picture of me is a blurry one that Jax took of me driving!!! I didn't even know he took it, but it is the proof that I was there, other than my voice in all of the videos! I kind of like the picture he took though, kind of soft focus right???




So here are some of the pictures I took!! Brooks was the first shooter!! He was looking for a hog, a doe, or a management buck. He was pumped!! Here is a video of the first morning (Saturday) and a picture of what we saw. We were really just scouting Saturday morning.






Goofing around the Ranch during the day Saturday..........................







So Saturday evening was "go time" for Brooks. We loaded up and headed to our blind. Here he is sticking his head out the window!!




Here is his hunt!! I didn't really intend to video it but I had my camera and I can do a little video so "why not?" So glad I did, it is priceless. He wanted his daddy to aim and him to pull the trigger!!


Here he is all excited!!




Still waiting on the right one.....





The shot!!!!






Here is part of the search. It took about 5 minutes to find her. I had to put the camera up and follow the blood trail because Chris was going the wrong way. True story!!





We found her!!



My favorite video! Brooks is doing his happy dance, saying "I love this day!"


Brooks helping Daddy drag her to the ATV

Jax driving us back!!!

Well, we had a complete blast. I cannot believe that I got to sit and witness both of my boys first kills. That is just priceless. I gotta say that while we were messing around on Saturday we went over to visit the people at the neighboring farm. The lady had just shot her first deer ever, a doe, with her new bow. I have been asking Chris to get me a bow but he hasn't because we really can't shoot at our house. So, anyway, she insisted that I shoot her new bow. I have NEVER shot a bow and I was worried that I would mess it up! It only cost her $1550.00. PRESSURE!!! Chris was all over it and gave me a few instructions and I shot 3 arrows. Wish I had a picture of me shooting because I think I might just be a bow hunter. I have never killed anything, but I want to shoot a deer with a bow, not a gun. Chris is so happy and I think he will be getting me a bow real soon!!! So, my turn next!!!

1 comment:

Stacy Carter said...

Looks like an exciting weekend!!!!